Friday 12 November 2010

Walking Works Of Art

Today I was searching through lists of Tattoo conventions in the hope that one or two were happening near me when I discovered something pretty cool. There's an actual body painting festival. After looking at the website I realise I am probably the last person in the world to know about this, but I'm blogging about it anyway. Because it's cool.
It's held in Austria and it's a festival which celebrates body art, but not as we know it. Tattooing and body painting go hand in hand. Both are pretty ancient ways of decorating the body, but body painting has fallen by the wayside. It's certainly not that well known among my friends anyway.
I was previously aware of body painting as an art form, I just had no idea how inventive and gorgeous it could be. From just painting pictures onto the body, to special effects, to changing the way a person looks altogether - it's an incredibly versatile art form. The great part about it is that you can literally walk around pretty much naked and the paint keeps everything covered up. The other good thing about it is that you can just wash it off at the end of the day ready for a new lick of paint next time.
The beauty of tattoos is that they last forever, but the beauty of pody painting is that it cannot last forever. Here's some pictures to enjoy:



3 comments:

  1. I love body art!
    Where do you stay? The Brighton Tattoo Convention is in January?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might go to that one then! Would love to get another tattoo at a convention!
    I didn't actually go to this festival in Austria, but I really want to next year! I'm gonna have to save up some serious monies if I'm gonna do it though. You been to many tat conventions?? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the body paint! awesome and sexy all at the same time! :D

    ReplyDelete