Tuesday 23 November 2010

Pixar Just Gets Better

Disney Pixar have released video for young gay people showing that just because you are gay, it doesn't mean that you can't have a life. For many teens, coming out is the single hardest thing they will ever have to do. Facing discrimination from their friends, neighbours, teachers and parents is something that can happen daily to gay and lesbian teens.
I think that this is a moving and incredible video and I'm shocked to see something that's so contraversial make it out of a Disney company like this. It's amazing how honest and reassuring these people are and I applaude them for stepping up and creating this video.
You can watch it here. Make sure you have a tissue to hand because I got a little emotional!
I'm not gay myself, but I know people who have struggled through that initial 'coming out' phase and I can't imagine how something like this must lift the spirits of someone who is having a tough time.
I've always loved Pixar, and now I love them even more!
 

3 comments:

  1. Just watched the video. The people at Pixar are the most awesome human beings on this planet!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Did you cry? I totally cried! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a little teary eyed at the end. lol.
    I loved the video so much i even posted it to my facebook. :D

    ReplyDelete